The Toronto Downtown Jazz Society, producer of the TD Toronto Jazz Festival - this year celebrating its 26th anniversary - will announce complete Festival details on April 11.
As a past supporter of the Festival, you have enjoyed one or more of our concert events. I am hoping that you will want to extend your support to help with our vital community music programs.
Music, in all of its forms, inspires and educates people. Our greatest challenge continues to be maintaining the financial stability required to present important music development programs operated by the Toronto Downtown Jazz Society.
We are reaching out to ask the hundreds of individuals who love music and who attend the Festival and other concerts during the year to help sustain and grow the programs developed by our not-for-profit organization.
Before committing your support, we want to make sure you are aware of what the Toronto Downtown Jazz Society contributes to your community:
- 50% of the annual Festival programming is free to the public ensuring the music is accessible to everyone!
- The Toronto Downtown Jazz Society is one of the top promoters of Canadian music talent
- The Society is the creator of unique youth music education programs including year-round workshops for young musicians and for youth at risk
- The Society will donate a new alto saxophone to the Regent Park School of Music this month
- The Society supplies marketing and financial support to creative projects by local jazz musicians.
As well, over its 25 years, the Toronto Downtown Jazz Society has:
- Welcomed over 8.5 million music lovers to the Festival
- Presented over 25,000 artists, 85% of whom were Canadian
- Presented over 1,900 free events to the public
- Contributed over $420 million to the GTA economy (source: Enigma Research)
- Been blessed with over 50,000 hours contributed by volunteers
The Toronto Downtown Jazz Society has a small, dedicated staff and a large team of wonderful volunteers. We invite you to join our family of committed music lovers who agree that the celebration of music and its ability to inspire should be the responsibility of a community's individuals.
We need YOUR support. It is vital. This new fundraising campaign is a very exciting initiative for us, and a perfect means of launching our 26th anniversary activity. In return for your support, we want to welcome you to our family by extending benefits that will help build a gratifying and exclusive relationship between you and our jazz community.
Donations can be made online
or by cheque. We are also able to accept donations of publicly-traded securities, which are 100% free of capital gains tax.
An army of individuals contributing a personal gift can make an overwhelming difference!
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Executive Producer & C.E.O., Toronto Downtown Jazz Society