- About Us
- Visiting Toronto
- Contact Us
TD Discovery Series Special Projects
The TD Discovery Series Special Projects, created by Toronto Downtown Jazz (TDJ) with the support of TD, encourages the creation, development and presentation of special projects by jazz musicians in the City of Toronto. Through a juried process, successful applicants are awarded a bursary and obtain marketing and public relations support from TDJ.
Why Special Projects
The city of Toronto features one of the most vibrant jazz communities in North America. With the Special Projects initiative, Toronto Downtown Jazz provides support for the outstanding jazz musicians who work and live in Toronto, while at the same time establishing a year-round presence on Toronto’s jazz scene.
Congratulations to this year's Special Projects!
The following four projects were chosen for support as part of the 2017 TD Discovery Series Special Project initiative:
- Chelsea McBride's Socialist Night School CD release - January 15, 2017 at Lula Lounge
- Spectrum Music's Tales of the Unconscious - March 4, 2017 at Knox Presbyterian Church
- The Further Adventures of Jazz Money - March 8, 2017 at The Rex
- So Long Seven's premiere of new works with guest percussionist Amare Kante - April 8 at the Small World Music Centre
2017 Special Projects were selected by a panel of local music specialists:
- Dani Elwell - Vice President, Creative at JAZZ.FM91
- Bill King - Artistic Director, Beaches International Jazz Festival
- Nicole Rochefort - Founder, AIM Booking Agency
- Roberto Occhipinti - veteran jazz bassist, composer and producer
For more information about TDJ Special Projects, please contact Artistic Director Josh Grossman at (416) 928-2033 ext. 27 or [email protected].
To see a list of past years' Special Projects, click here.